This is a great way to turn the most banal thing into a work of art. Now it is used for creating Souvenirs, finishing and restoring various household items, from furniture to household appliances. Often combined with patina and craquelure techniques of aging new things. Decoupage is an amazing decoration technique.
One of the most important advantages of decoupage is the ability to decorate almost everything: walls, ceilings, furniture, boxes, boxes, fabrics, planters, agricultural equipment, tools, household appliances, Souvenirs, wood, ceramics and plastic. Thanks to this technique, the tablecloth and napkins sewn from the simplest fabric are turned into an exclusive gift set. You can transform your home by decorating picture frames, windows, doors, decorative plates, cutting boards, and even furniture. Decoupage of old furniture, this is generally a separate direction that can completely transform your home.
What surfaces can be used for decoupage
• On fabric, leather, or imitation leather
• On ceramics (glazed and unglazed), porcelain;
• On cardboard, papier-mache;
• On soap and candles
As you can see, we can decorate almost any surface, but if we work with surfaces that do not absorb the primer and paint (metal, glass, glazed ceramics, porcelain, plastic), then you need to use special primers (I use paints and lacquers in a spray), otherwise the primer or paint will not hold, and will shrink into folds.
This method of decoration is very simple, but original. Using it, you can decorate wardrobe items, interior, furniture, dishes and other things.
Thanks to the appearance of many different materials, decoupage is becoming more and more common among needlewomen. The direction is characterized by affordable prices, and each item is unique. Find your own style, show your imagination, and soon you will have an audience. A hobby that has grown into a business will become a dream come true.
Decorative decoupage is attractive in many ways because it is available even to people who do not know how to draw at all! Perhaps this is why it is so popular. After all, this is a great opportunity to decorate your own products to increase their attractiveness in the eyes of customers, and therefore the cost.
Where to get blanks for decoupage
You can decorate, first, blanks that are sold in stores for Hobbies and creativity. They are not processed, beautiful, now there is a very large selection of wooden blanks, papier-mache, etc.
Secondly, you can restore or decorate those items that are in your home and have lost their presentable appearance, or you do not like how they look. In this case, you will have to remove the old paint or, at least, degrease and sand the surface, but it is worth it! After all, you can decorate not only old boxes, trays and salt shakers, but also clocks, tables, chairs, and even cabinets and beds!
Third, various old things from flea markets, attics or dusty storerooms that bear the imprint of time. They can be made completely new, or you can-nobly-aged, expensive and very refined.
Fourth, a lot of decorative items can be purchased in regular stores. If you are lucky enough to have IKEA in your city – this is just great, but in other stores you can find suitable for decorating furniture, dishes, glass, pots, watering cans, etc. Even gift boxes can be turned into wonderful boxes, which in themselves will be no less valuable than their contents!
What materials are used in decoupage
The blanks Themselves or items for decoration.
* Images that we will use to decorate: beautiful napkins, decoupage cards, photos, printouts, magazine clippings, etc.
• Special glue for decoupage.
* Acrylic primers, paints and lacquers-respectively for surface priming, painting and protection. Almost all materials are water-based, do not smell and are washed with water.
* Brushes, sponges, sandpaper and other tools.
Main stages of work in decoupage
1. Surface preparation: sanding, priming
2. Gluing decoupage motif;
3. Intermediate varnish to protect the motif;
4. Drawing, other techniques of decoration craquelure, aging, gilding, glazes
5. Lacquer coated.
• Make your first work in the decoupage technique! And the first works – they are always the most favorite decoupage-is an amazing decoration technique!
- 3 healthy recipes with microgreenery March 3, 2021
- How to improve the feeling of comfort and coziness in your home? February 27, 2021
- Healthy Breakfast 17: Morning mousse with seeds and seasonal herbs February 25, 2021
- 23 life hacks for kitchen: useful tricks for everyday life February 21, 2021
- Natural cosmetics: masks for facial skin care with microgreen at home February 20, 2021