Very, gentle and soft cake with excellent lemon taste and flavor. It literally melts in your mouth, while not crashing, does not lose shape and generally excellent brings transportation and storage. Lemon cupcake in syrup with basil.
Flour with baking powder ¾ cup
Butter 4.94 oz (140g)
Sugar 2.25 cups
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Chicken egg 3 pieces
Lemon juice ½ cup
Lemon zest 2 tablespoons
Water 1.5 cups
Basil 8 pieces
Whipping cream 1 cup
Instruction. Lemon cupcake in syrup with basil.
1. Brush grease the muffin tin inside with melted butter (one and a half tablespoons), 2 minutes to send a cold, then again, brush with oil, soak in the cold for 1 minute and generously sprinkle flour.
2. Beat with a mixer at high speed softened butter 4.94 oz (140 g) sugar (2/3 Cup) and salt (1/8 teaspoon).
3. When the mixture of oil and sugar will be air, add the egg yolks and whisk again. Then add lemon juice (2 tablespoons), grated lemon zest (1 tablespoon) and mix with a mixer until smooth.
4. In the prepared weight fold in the flour and mix with a mixer at slow speed. (To avoid lumps, it is better to add the flour in parts.)
5. Beat with a mixer until liquid foam remaining salt (1/8 teaspoon) and egg whites. Add the sugar (2 tablespoons) and whisk so that the mass has acquired the consistency of thick lush cream.
6. Mix protein cream with the dough until smooth.
7. Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon zest with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
8. Spread the batter into the previously prepared baking dish, sprinkle with lemon zest with sugar and send in the oven, preheated to 356 F (180C) degrees. Bake the muffins on the middle shelf for about 20-25 minutes. Finished the cupcakes cool down right in the forms (15 minutes).
9. Meanwhile, for the syrup, mix in a glass pan sugar (1.25 cups), water (1.5 cups), lemon zest (1 strip 8×2 cm), fresh lemon juice (1/2 Cup) and fresh Basil (8 large sprigs). Cover pot, place over a moderate heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. When the syrup boils, remove the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Then strain and let it cool at room temperature.
10. The cooled cupcakes carefully remove from the mold. (Do not worry if the upper crust is covered with cracks or even breaks.) Serve cupcakes in deep dessert dishes or bowls, generously Gulf syrup (1/4 Cup per serving). Put 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened whipped cream.
When retrieving a form some muffins split and remaining intact too can be cracked. So they are better soaked with syrup. Lemon cupcake in syrup with basil.