Very gentle, hearty, soft lamb on the bone, which surrounds a thick and luscious sauce. Pleasure for those who love lamb or a delicious meat, melting in the mouth. This dish is good with boiled rice, thick meat gravy complements the garnish. Lamb braised in white wine with potato and olives.
Lamb fillet 1.76 lbs (800 g)
Olive oil 4 tablespoons
Garlic 6 cloves
Onion 2 heads
Bay leaf 2 pieces
Dry white wine 10.14 floz (300 ml)
Potatoes 1.54 lbs (700 g)
The fresh thyme 2 pieces
Olives pitted ⅓ Cup
Chicken broth 13.54 floz (400 ml)
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Instruction. Lamb braised in white wine with potato and olives.
Cooking time 50 minutes
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic thinly (lengthwise). Chop 2 sprigs of fresh thyme. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices with a thickness of 2.5 cm.
2. Lamb chops, roll in a mixture of salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat and, when it burns, throw the garlic. Sauté about 1 minute. Ready garlic remove from the pan and place on a plate.
4. In the same pan fry the lamb chops on both sides (about 4 minutes) and drain on a plate.
5. Toss in a pan with a chopped onion, a Bay leaf, a quarter teaspoon of salt and browned (10-12 minutes), stirring frequently. Add the wine and continue to stir, bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
6. Half of the sliced potatoes to lay out in a large capacity for baking. Add potatoes in a mixture of wine with onions, then the garlic, thyme and olives. Top with meat (4 servings) and a second layer of potatoes. Pour all the broth.
7. Cook in a preheated oven at 356F (180С) degrees for about 90 minutes, periodically checking the tip of the knife the degree of readiness of meat. If the top layer of potatoes begins to dry, sprinkle the potatoes with the same sauce in which it is prepared. Lamb braised in white wine with potato and olives.