This is something unusual and tasty. I often have to cook this pie in Manhattan. Suggest that you eat with milk. Cake with figs whiskey and nuts.
Figs 1lbs (450 g)
Water 2 cups
Whiskey ½ Cup
Extract 1 teaspoon vanilla
Wheat flour 10.58oz (300 g)
Baking powder 2 teaspoons
Salt ¾ teaspoon
Soda ¾ teaspoon
Ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg ½ teaspoon
Pecan 1.75 cups
Brown sugar 2 cups
Vegetable oil 1 Cup
Eggs 3 pieces
Calories 523 kcal
Proteins 5.9 gram
Fats 27,9 gram
Carbohydrates 58.2 gram
3 hours 15 minutes
1. Dried figs to cook on medium heat covered with a lid, for about 35-40 minutes.
2. When the figs are soft, absorbing most of the liquid, place it in a food processor and mixing them with whiskey and vanilla, to make it a puree.
3. Preheat the oven to 356F (180C) degrees and send back for 8-10 minutes nuts. When the nuts have cooled, roughly chop them.
4. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. With a mixer on high speed, beat together sugar, oil and eggs until creamy (about 3 minutes).
6. Add in the egg mixture puree figs and stir with a mixer at slow speed until uniform. Then, without turning off the mixer, gradually add flour mixture, continuing to mix, bring the mixture to a state test.
7. Add to the dough, chopped nuts, mix thoroughly, put in a baking dish and send in the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
8. The finished cake to cool without removing from the mold. Then a thin knife to separate the cake from the sides, cover with a plate, flip, carefully remove from the mould, and covering the second plate, flip again.
The cake will taste better if made in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day. Store no more than 5 days. Bon Appetit!