If your chops get too thin, dry, or even fall apart, we’ll give you 10 tips. With their help, you will learn how to cook delicious chops from any meat. 10 tips on how to cook delicious chops and recipe.
Meat for chops: what to choose
The taste of the chop, even with the same cooking method, will be completely different depending on the type of meat.
Meat for beef chops is a good choice, especially for those who prefer low — fat meat dishes. Take the meat of a light red color. Fresh beef has a dense and elastic texture, it should not be plaque. It is better to buy a cut with thin fat veins, but without connective tissue. We recommend buying beef tenderloin and fillet Round – meat from the loin part of the thigh.
If you have lean beef, it will be harsh. To soften it, use dry mustard. Sprinkle it on all sides of the chop and leave for 3 hours. To make the beef bits have a pleasant aroma, use herbs for the marinade or garlic.
Meat for veal chops is good because it makes soft chops even without much effort and tricks. It does not contain hard films, connective tissue, or fat. This is a very healthy and tender meat.
For chops, a loin or tenderloin is suitable. Dairy calf loin can be prepared in the traditional way or directly with the bone. This chop will be tastier and juicier. Tip: add some chopped walnuts to the breading – the dish will get a refined aftertaste. Here we wrote about three ways to cook delicious veal.
If you want to make the perfect roast, use marbled meat for the chops. Such meat is a little fatter due to the delicate marble veining and softer due to damp exposure. Delicious will be a chop from the muscles of the thick edge. This is the most marbled part of the bull’s carcass. Tenderloin chops will be no less delicious, but more lean. Also try alternative cuts from the shoulder blade or neck.
How to choose meat for pork chops? In addition to the collar, a tenderloin or loin will do. Choose a fresh cut of light pink color. The taste of pork meat is emphasized by all types of pepper, horseradish, as well as fresh chopped herbs. Add it to the breadcrumbs or marinade. Garlic interrupts the flavors of all other spices – use it in the simplest combinations of seasonings. With ginger and nutmeg added to the breadcrumbs, the pork chops will taste even better. If you add a little sugar to the breading, you will get a very crispy crust. This technique came to us from Chinese cuisine.
How to make delicious chops from any meat
1. To make delicious chops, you need to choose a good piece of meat. If you prefer chicken, take the fillet. Pork neck is suitable, but if you like more rich and flavorful dishes – buy beef fillet, neck or shoulder blade.
2. Do not take frozen meat. Chops are prepared from chilled meat turn out more juicy. It is never frozen, but subjected to the fermentation process, thereby softening it. But, if you have already bought frozen meat, defrost it correctly. To do this, leave the meat in the refrigerator overnight so that it “thaws” as slowly as possible.
3. if you decide to rinse the meat before slicing, do not forget to remove excess moisture by blotting the product with paper towels. Wash already sliced and chipped pieces – deliberately spoil the future dish.
4. How to cut meat into chops? Put the pieces stripped from the films and veins on the Board and determine which way the fibers go. You need to cut across them, so the dish will turn out more tender. And the thickness of the piece should be about 0.98inch .
5. it is better to Beat the meat with a flat hammer, and not with notches, as many believe. Be sure to wrap it in plastic wrap. So the meat juices will not fly around the kitchen, and the muscle fibers will not break. Beat the beef to 0.39inch , trying to even out the thickness. The chop should not be too thin, otherwise you can forget about its juiciness.
6. Meat for chops is better to marinate in advance. So it is guaranteed to be tender. In addition, it is a great way to diversify the taste of the finished dish. Marinate the chops for at least an hour.
7. How to cook delicious chops? The best way to preserve meat juices during roasting is to seal them with breadcrumbs. Dry the pieces of meat, roll them in flour, and then – in the egg. To create a crisper and thicker crust, use the “double” breading. To do this, additionally sprinkle the meat with flour after dipping it in the egg. At this stage, use breadcrumbs, oatmeal, or chopped nuts.
8. Fry the chops in a large pan with a thick bottom and high sides. The temperature should be medium-high, but most importantly — constant.
9. be sure to use oil, so you will get a crispy, delicious crust and juicy meat inside.
10. Fry the chops for 2-4 minutes on each side. To make sure that they are ready, pierce a piece with a knife, the transparent juice will indicate a perfect roasting. If the juice is pink, keep the meat on the fire for a little longer, and if it is not, the chops are overcooked.
The right recipe for. 10 tips on how to cook delicious chops and recipe.
Classic chops are fried in a frying pan and baked in the oven, if this is necessary for a festive table, the dish is supplemented with complex sauces or baked bits with mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes. Traditional chop is prepared according to the following recipe. It will need a rib eye twins steak. It’s two rib-eye steaks Packed together. Here we wrote how to cook this steak with sauce.
Rib eye twins 2 steaks
Dried rosemary 3/4 teaspoon
Dried Basil 1/4 teaspoon
Dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil 1 tbsp
finely chopped onion 1 PC
Balsamic vinegar 1/3 tbsp.
Chicken stock 1/2 Cup
Butter 1 tablespoon
Egg 1 PC
Flour 1 tablespoon
Instruction. 10 tips on how to cook delicious chops and recipe.
1. Heat the meat to room temperature after refrigerating. Wrap the steaks in cling film and easily beat them off with a hammer over the entire area.
2. in a Small bowl, combine the rosemary, Basil, thyme and pepper. RUB this mixture over the meat on both sides. Cover it and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the egg and prepare the flour. Dip each chop in an egg, then roll in flour.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chops for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare roasting. Remove from the pan and let rest on a plate.
5. Place meat instead of the onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the vinegar, collect all the meat juices from the walls, and then pour in the chicken broth. Continue cooking and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the sauce has doubled in size.
6. Add the butter. When it melts, turn off the heat.
7. pour the sauce over the chops and serve them to the table.
Now you know how to cook delicious chops to make them soft and juicy. Use marinades, sauces and breading to your taste. And then step by step follow the rules for cooking chops. And they will always turn out perfectly. Bon Appetit!
You can buy an apron with our logo 🙂
- Anti-aging menu for one day with microgreen. Part 7 July 22, 2021
- 7 Ways to cope with criticism and get benefits July 21, 2021
- 3 recipes fermented vegetables and herbs July 19, 2021
- Healthy breakfast 23: Original recipes from vegetables and microgreens July 15, 2021
- 34 ways to simply and easily take care of your garden July 14, 2021